Requesting a refund
If you cancel your Cambridge English exam before the exam day, the fee is refundable under the following conditions:
- if a cancellation request is made no later than 14 days from the date of registration (date of payment), and before the exam date, you will receive a full refund.
In the following cases, the exam fee is refundable, minus an administration fee of 30% of the full exam fee:
- if a cancellation request is made before the registration deadline for the exam, but after 14 days from the date of registration (date of payment);
- in case of illness or medical emergency on the exam date;
- in case of bereavement;
- in case of hardship or trauma (such as being a victim of a crime or involved in a traffic accident);
- in case of military service.
In case of exam-day absence for the reasons listed above, the refund request must be submitted using the form embedded below within three days of the exam date. It must be supported with the required evidence (i.e., a medical certificate issued by a doctor confirming inability to take the exam; police report from the traffic accident confirming serious circumstances on the exam day, etc.).
If we have not received your submitted cancellation request along with an upload of supporting documentation by the third day after the exam, you will be marked as absent and forfeit the full exam fee.
Please note that refunds can take up to four weeks to process. If you are entitled to a refund, the refund will be returned in the same way that you originally paid.
In case you have any questions, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
Requesting an exam-day transfer
If you need to change the date of your exam, you can request a exam day transfer, free of charge, only if the registration for your original exam date is still open.
Please note that the new exam date must be within three months of the originally booked exam. We can offer the transfer only if a session of the same exam is available at your examination centre. You can check for a new exam date here: https://www.britishcouncil.nl/exam/cambridge/dates-fees-locations.
We can transfer you once only. If the second exam date does not suit you, then you are not entitled to any further transfers to new exam dates and the standard cancellation policy will apply.
Click here to go to the refund and transfer form.