Aptis is an English language test which allows you to reliably assess English language levels of your teachers or students. It can be integrated as a pre and post assessment tool into your educational institution’s development programmes – whether face-to-face teaching, e-learning or a blended training/teaching solution.
Both variants of Aptis, namely Aptis for Teachers. and Aptis for Teens, can be easily integrated into current educational systems, allowing students’ and teachers' English levels to be measured effectively and efficiently over time.
HOW TO ACCURATELY ASSESS ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
Aptis is an internationally benchmarked English test that you can use:
- as part of your English development programme
- as an audit tool to identify the training needs of your teachers or students
- at the beginning, middle and end of your academic year to evaluate the effectiveness of your English language programme
- to identify test takers’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Aptis uses scenarios relevant to individual candidates
- Assess reading, writing, speaking and listening – one skill only or a combination of skills
- Speaking and writing skills are assessed by a team of English language experts which ensures a high level of accuracy
- Aptis can be delivered in multiple formats, anytime, anywhere with a quick turnaround in results
Aptis is a flexible, fair and authoritative test which allows you to reliably assess your students or teachers and provides an accurate and reliable assessment of ability in English.
Performance is internationally benchmarked to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and this makes it easy to see where improvement is needed, allowing English courses or training to be tailored accordingly.
It can be integrated as pre and post assessment tool into your school, college or university’s development programme - whether Face to Face teaching, e-learning or a blended training/teaching solution.
WHY IS APTIS UNIQUELY PLACED TO DO THIS FOR YOUR INSTITUTION?
- You can mix and match any skills you need to test (writing, reading, speaking and listening).
- You can partner with us to cobrand your Aptis test.
- Aptis tests are analysed by British Council English experts.
- We can customise the content so it is suitable for your teachers and students.
- You will receive individual and group reports detailing achievements in each skill tested
WHAT TYPES OF INSTITUTIONS USE APTIS?
The types of institutions that use Aptis are ministries, universities, language schools, international and private schools