Going Global is the British Council’s conference for leaders of international education to debate the future of further and higher education.
Due to the ongoing situation with Covid-19, the British Council made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Going Global conference which was due to take place on 29 – 30 June in London. In the absence of a conference, we shared digital content which explored the theme 'Global learners, global innovation'. Watch the recorded sessions of all the live events which took place in June and July 2020 or discover new insights by visiting our poster gallery.
This year, we will be delivering a virtual conference from 15 - 17 June 2021 exploring the theme 'Reimagining international tertiary education for a post-pandemic world'. As the uncertainty around the ongoing pandemic persists, we want to continue to offer a platform for higher education leaders to discuss the pressing issues facing the sector today without compromising the health and safety of our staff and delegates.
Find out more on the Going Global website.
- The conference provides a unique platform for knowledge sharing;
- Connecting local, national, regional and global agendas;
- Providing a global network for policy makers and practitioners working in the field of international education;
- Supporting evidence led policy decisions deriving from research and regional policy dialogues;
- Supporting global thought leadership.
How can you get involved?
- If you are a university or college vice-chancellor, president or principal, an adviser, minister or government representative, journalist or policy and strategy maker, or a professional and trade body working in international education, then we look forward to seeing you at Going Global
- Be the first to hear about all our planned activities by signing-up to the Going Global newsletter and following us on Twitter
- Engage with us on social media by using the following hashtags: #GoingGlobal2020, #WeBelieveInEducation, and #CultureConnectsUs