The Heats are held on set dates throughout the Netherlands. You select which one you want to go to when you apply.
The order of the day
- You will present your three minute talk to the FameLab judges.
- The judges will ask questions after each presentation and will also give feedback where possible.
- At some of the Regional Heats candidates may be asked to give two talks as part of a pre-selection. The organising University will inform you in advance if this is case. The second talk can be on the same topic but must be demonstrably different from the first presentation. This means you may have to prepare two talks for the Regional Heats!
- Winners that will be proceeding to the FameLab Masterclass will be announced.
- A public audience will be present, so don't forget to invite your friends and family to come and watch and support you.
- PowerPoint is not allowed
- Props are permitted but are limited to what you can carry on stage. There is no time for set up once on stage
- All stages of the FameLab Netherlands competition will be in English as well as the International Final.