The Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) is a test of the skills you need to be successful in teaching English to speakers of other languages. It is suitable for teachers of all age groups and abilities. There are various test modules available.
Who should take this exam?
TKT gives you an internationally accepted qualification that proves your language-teaching abilities. The qualification is suitable if you are a new teacher and want to build your confidence and skills, or if you are an experienced teacher and want to specialise in a certain area, or are starting to teach English for the first time.
TKT is also a good foundation if you want to study for a further qualification in teaching English, such as the CELTA or Delta.
You don’t need any formal English qualifications to take the test.
What modules are available?
You can choose to take any of the TKT modules in combination or on their own.
Core modules 1-3
- TKT Module 1: Background to language teaching
- TKT Module 2: Planning for language teaching
- TKT Module 3: Classroom management
- TKT Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- TKT Young Learners (YL)
- For public and CRKBO registered institutions: €95. In order to receive this fee, please provide proof of your institution’s VAT exemption, for example a CRKBO (Centraal Register Kort Beroepsonderwijs) confirmation letter or a BRIN (Basisregistratie Instellingen) number when submitting your group registration form.
- For non public institutions/individuals: €115 (includes 21% VAT).
Our next TKT exam sessions are scheduled in Amsterdam (Diemen) for Thursday 03 November 2022, Tuesday 07 February 2023, and Wednesday 17 May 2023. Please contact our delivery partner, IP Campus, via e-mail if you would like to register or have any questions.