While in-person tests are currently not possible due to Covid-19, IELTS Indicator is the online test you can use to prove your English language skills.
About IELTS Indicator
The test is an official IELTS product that assesses the four core skill areas:
You will receive your scores within seven days – you are given both an indicative score for each section and an overall indicative band score. It’s important to note that IELTS Indicator is not a substitute for the in-person IELTS test.
Key benefits of IELTS Indicator
As it’s an online test, you can take it safely and easily at your home.
The test happens weekly at a regular time – you simply log in to our secure browser.
As the test is marked by IELTS examiners and uses live test questions, educators know they can rely on it to give a reliable picture of test takers’ skills.
How the test works
IELTS Indicator is a live online test which starts at a set time each week and has a fixed time limit. You take the Listening, Reading and Writing sections of the test in one sitting, and the Speaking test must be taken a few days before or after the other sections.
Who accepts IELTS Indicator?
We are encouraging universities and other educational institutions to accept IELTS Indicator to measure the English language ability for applicants in these difficult times when in-person IELTS tests are not available. Before you book, review the list of organisations who accept IELTS Indicator score. If your chosen university is not on the list, please check if they accept IELTS Indicator before booking.
IELTS Indicator is an Academic test only and has not been developed for immigration purposes.
The fee for the IELTS Indicator test is $ 149 USD including tax.
Before you book the IELTS Indicator test, here are some things you should know:
● We accept both local and international issued credit and debit cards
● We accept VISA, Master Card, JCB, Diners International, Discover, American Express, Apple Pay and Google Pay
● If you have a locally issued debit card, you’ll need to contact your bank before you pay
● You’ll need to let your bank know about the transaction before you pay as it may be seen as an international payment
● The test fee will need to be paid in US$
● Make sure you have enough funds to cover the test fee.