We are recruiting a Finance Assistant to support the end to end accounting process in the Country and support delivery of the consistent and accurate financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies. To provide accurate and timely administrative support services for the British Council, in accordance with the corporate policies and local legislation, and to support the day-to-day running of the British Council finance function as per British Council standards and equal opportunities and diversity.
|Salary||Locally appointed Grade J (€ 2,100 per month)|
|Duration||Initially 1 year fixed term (with the possibility to extend)|
|Closing date||Sunday 15 December 2019|
All the duties of this post are to be performed in accordance with British Council Values, Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policies.
• Support activities related to the financial month and year end processes to ensure that British Council polices, and standards are met.
• Assist in delivering finance services to the operational and support teams in the office as per agreed standards (journal preparations, vendor creation, business partner creation or Purchase Order amendments, off system transactions).
• Provide support in maintaining office financial records as per corporate policy and country regulations.
• Provide support to Exams Finance Officer in preparation of the exam’s income reconciliation through checking available local data sources and calculation prepared by Noida.
• Assist with the processing office invoices, exams refunds, VAT returns and monthly travel claims checks as per country local regulations and corporate standards in a promptly manner.
• When and where appropriate participate in the implementation of the global policies and procedure changes applicable for the British Council office.
• To provide back office and admin support as per specification outlined in local regulations.
• To attend relevant training sessions and presentations to keep up to date with developments in the organisation and in the area of finance services, to read web site regularly, communicate to colleagues to ensure an excellent knowledge of all British Council products and their updates.
Applicants must have a pre-existing right to work in EU. For more information on the role and requirements, please download the role profile from the section below.
How to apply
Please complete the online application process via our jobs portal by Friday 15 December 2019 (23:59 GMT).
Start date: as soon as possible.